Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Hey- You may be emotional this time of year

It's the holidays so its common to feel like shit.
I have compiled some quotes that I think are funny. I got stuck on Mark Twain obviously.

I often have dragged through the holidays crying and annoying my family. This year, only the ghost of sad Christmases past floated by. I mean I only felt a passing sadness and a fraction of what I had felt before. 

Major emotions used to hit and wouldn't leave for days, like unwelcome family. 
I would like to remind any one that has trouble with holidays that you are not alone.

Or at least distract yourselves with these fun quotes.


Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days.


If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide.
Mahatma Gandhi

We have the best government that money can buy.

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened.

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
No sinner is ever saved after the first twenty minutes of a sermon.
There is no distinctly American criminal class - except Congress.
Few of us can stand prosperity. Another man's, I mean.

By trying we can easily learn to endure adversity. Another man's, I mean.
Mark Twain

The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places
Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms
Eddie, not enjoying the holidays


 
Mona, putting up with my shenanigans for the holidays

No comments:

Post a Comment