Saturday, February 13, 2016

Nabucco- Asshole circa 600bc

Michel and I just saw the opera Nabucco by Verdi.

Just when I thought most Opera plots were "The hooker with a heart of gold"
We stumble upon an Opera with no such heart of gold. 
This opera is based the historical and biblical figure, Nebuchadnezzar  known for sending many Jews into exile to Babylon.
Plot:
Nabucco starts Jewish exile, decides he's also a God, God hits him with a lightning bolt as a lesson,
Nabucco becomes special needs. His power hungry daughter takes control. Nabucco prays and all his faculties are restored. 

Every time we go to the Opera, the two same older men are sitting to our right. One sleeps most of the time. Michel refers to them as the old men from "The Muppet Show".  The other seats are taken by Chronologically advanced regulars that seem to express surprise to find each other still alive and at the next event.(Michel's joke).
Michel has adapted to living with me, who might swear on occasion, and or burp. The only time he minds is when we are at the Opera. He even tried to edit out the swears on this blog. So I stuck in a new one.
Also, my general anxiety has been better and I believe that is due to 5 times a week of hot yoga. So I just became a member of Core Power Yoga. I was told yesterday that a study was done on 60 year olds and the ones that exercise regularly used twice as much of their brains as ones that don't.


I decided to re-open the Ap. My fitness pal, I found I had a few friend requests and was nicknamed "fatass".  And also that it said I worked out once in the last few years and it was for 3 hours and I burned 900 calories. How it recorded one workout and that workout was three hours I find hilarious.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, these brighten my day so much! Thanks for the laughs, fatass. PS, I can only say that because if you're a fatass, then I'm, well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Grace. Not a F.A. is there anything I can do for you concerning the Studs Terkel project?

    ReplyDelete